Well... I officially failed my "Blog everyday" goal. The weekend just gets so full of fun things or projects... like this one I'm going to show you.
When we picked our bedding, Dane made it very clear that it could not be girly. We looked and we looked, but most bedding is either very feminine or very masculine. We finally found this grey and white duvet that we both liked enough to register for. Then we got a black bed... and grey curtains... and black nightstands... and eventually our room became very black and grey. I hated it. It became my least favorite room in our apartment. I decided to do something about it. I didn't want to paint because then we'd have to worry about repainting it before we move out, so I had to come up with something else. I don't know where it came from, but I got an idea. I love scrapbooking paper. I use it on all sorts of projects. I decided I'd cover my wall in scrapbooking paper. Goodbye, Beige. Hello, Green!
 |
| BEFORE | | |
 |
AFTER
I used removable glue dots and thumb tacks | | | |
I may put the birds & tree paintings back up or create a mirror and picture frame collage. We'll see. I'm just glad that I'm really happy with it.
 |
| The different patterns up close |
That is sooo cute!! Great Idea!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I was excited it turned out well. :)
ReplyDeleteOk. 1. This is INCREDIBLE! 2. I need to know how you did this. 3. Can I feature this on my blog, please?!?
ReplyDeleteThanks Anna!! Of course you can, that's so fun! It was super easy. I found scrapbook paper I liked and bought removable glue dots (the paper cost me about $30 and I used 2 boxes of glue dots $4 each). The solid green pages were more like cardstock, so the glue dots wouldn't hold them. I used silver thumb tacks ($2 Office Depot) on those instead... which turned out pretty cool I think, cause they look like nail heads. It may be a pain to peel off the dots, but it won't mess up the wall and I think it'll be easier than repainting. :)
ReplyDelete