Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 12 and 13: Weaknesses, Insults, Hardships, Persecutions, Difficulties, and Umbrellas.

This blog challenge is tough to keep up with on the weekends...


Day 12:  Picture you love...


This isn't really just one picture I love but a series of pictures that I think are hilarious. We took our engagement pictures on a day when the clouds were teasing us with upcoming rain and the wind totally messing with my hair. The photographers gave us an umbrella so we'd have something different for these pictures... little did we know it'd give us the funniest pictures of the day.




Day 13: Favorite Bible Verse

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 

Over and over again, I begged God to take the pain away. But He said to me, "My grace is all you need, My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to have weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work in and through me. So I'll take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


I love this verse because it reminds me to never think I am in control. When things get tough, turn to Him first for wisdom, comfort, and strength... instead of trusting my own knowledge, opinions, or power.

No comments:

Post a Comment