Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 8: Dreams

Dreams... I have vivid dreams. There are a few things I truly hope become more than just dreams. Writing them down is a little scary... because what if they never happen? Or what if I change my mind? Oh well. As of March 8th, 2011 these things are what I consider my biggest dreams...


A white house, with navy blue shutters, and a red door
 That is my dream house. It just looks like home. Oh, how I wish it'd be my home.



A Master's in Social Work
As my parents have been going through the approval process for becoming foster parents, they've told me stories about the people they've met with (many have been great!) and some of the problems they've encountered. Since I graduated, I really had no clue what I wanted to do with my degree. I really just picked it because the classes were interesting (not such a great idea), but recently I feel like I've found out what I really want to do... Social Work. I talk about how adoption pulls on my heart and how I wish I could do something for the fatherless and motherless in the world... this could be it. I started doing some research and found an online master's program through the University of Tennessee (who happens to have the #26 program in the nation). I've missed the deadlines to get in Fall 2011, but that gives me a lot of time to research for grants or scholarships.  I really hope this dream works out because it would open doors for other dreams... like working for an organization like Bethany Christian Services, Life Choices, or Agape. 

But would that mean I have to be a UT fan!?
Twins
While I can choose to go back to school, I definitely can't choose this dream... It'll have to choose me. I want twins. So bad. :) My dad is a fraternal twin, which means I may be lucky enough to have inherited the twin gene from my Nana. While I will still be 100% happy if I never have twins, I know I'll be 100% happy if I do.



Adoption
I really hope that one day God will reveal to Dane and me that there is a child already waiting for us. I don't know when or where... but I feel like those answers will come in time. Maybe we'll adopt a baby from a foreign country, or maybe like my parents we'll adopt an older child after we've raised a few first. As of today, only God knows.



2 comments:

  1. When you adopt, it will also be "your own" child :) So excited to see you pursue social work.. I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete