Saturday, January 29, 2011

Simple joy.

It is Saturday and I'm feeling super crummy. I really hate being sick, it is just not fun, so I decided to take some time to think some happy thoughts. Maria likes raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens... but here are a few of my favorite things....



Paint. 
Wonderful, messy, Jackson Pollock style painting. Oh and color. Lots of color. I don't know if there's anything more relaxing than throwing paint on a canvas and calling it art. 


Towels straight out of the dryer.
I'm not really sure how to explain this one. It is just a simple joy. Its warm. Its comforting. Its just happy.

 

Songs that give me goosebumps. 
I'm pretty sure that God made me an alto because if I could belt a note like this, I'd surely get a big head. But man, I do love a good harmony as well.



Do you know when you just make the tea and it's still a little warm? I love when you pour it in a glass of ice and its like its confused. Warm and cold at the same time. Its great.


No comments:

Post a Comment