Monday, January 24, 2011

With lots of cherries on top...

Tomorrow night we have our parish. (Parishes are Christ City Church's version of small groups, but with the intention of us working together to better our community.) I love it. I was extremely apprehensive at first...because of my least favorite trait about my self: shyness. For some reason, when I begin talking one on one with someone I begin over analyzing everything I say... "Did she think that was dumb?" "Crap, I totally mixed up my words there." "Man, this is awkward." Not good, right? Well over the past couple of months, I feel like these complete strangers are really turning into friends. And even if I've said something stupid, they have yet to kick us out. It is wonderful. We laugh, talk, pray... and eat.

Remember the last blog? Where I said I'm not quite up to speed with the cooking thing? Well, every week our parish cooks a meal. We all bring different parts so no one is over burdened. The first couple of weeks I quickly volunteered to bring plates, napkins, etc. I am so not ready to force my food down anyone's throat. (Well... anyone but Dane.) But this week, parish has been pushed back a little later so instead of dinner, we are each bringing desserts. Tonight I will share with you the easiest, and quite arguably one of the most delicious desserts. My mom has made it by the tons to feed football players at FCA camp, and I guarantee you they will back me up one this.

What you'll need...

Ice Cream Sandwiches (enough for two layers)
Cool Whip
Hot Fudge
Caramel
And whatever toppings you love on a sundae...


1) Put down one layer of Ice Cream Sandwiches
2) Smother it with a good layer of Cool Whip
3) Drizzle Hot Fudge and Caramel alllllll over
4) I sprinkled some chocolate chips over that, but my mom has used twix, kit kats, milky ways... use your imagination.
5. Repeat steps 1-4.
6. Now, don't forget the cherries on top. :)
7. Then you just pop it in the freezer to let it bond a little.
8. Let it thaw a little, then yum.


2 comments:

  1. I feel like a stalker now- commenting on both- but I am excited to try this dessert soon! I love easy, yet yummy, recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, don't. I was so excited to get comments. :)

    ReplyDelete