Lately, I have been reading a few blogs... Blogs about decorating and recipes and blogs about adoption and orphan care. They are written by everyday women, but when I read about them I imagine them as superheroes with secret powers. I'm not sure that I'll have anything to write about that will draw a large audience, but I do know that I have a lot on my mind and on my heart. For tonight, I'll start with the basics.
I am a young wife, learning the ropes of home economics. Clipping coupons, keeping the apartment clean, and (most of all) cooking are all concepts I am attempting to master. Attempts that sometimes (if not often) lead to failures. Flooding the apartment with the washing machine, smoking up the apartment with cooking oil, and getting one outrageous electric bill that led to a month-long heat strike mark the first five months of our marriage.
Five wonderful months of marriage. Although I may not be Suzy Homemaker yet, I would not change a single thing. The mishaps give us opportunities to work together. No matter how frustrating it may seem at the time, it gives us the chance to stengthen our relationship. As a wife, my goals are to learn to be respectful, supportive, and loving. Each of those sound wonderful, but being the sinner I am means that it is going to take a lot of work.
Wishing, Waiting, Hoping, and Praying... this title truly describes me right now. There are things that I want, things that I wish for...a house, a dog, a job that I look forward to everyday, but for now those things will have to wait. I am also hopeful for the future. In the past year or so, I have felt my heart being drawn to adoption. I'm not sure of any of the details, but for now I will pray. My heart breaks for the toddlers in the baby homes in Uganda, for the waiting children in Ukraine, for the pre-teens and teens in the U.S., and for all the mothers who aren't ready or aren't able to care for their children. I pray that God will show me what I can do for any of these children of His.
I don't have anything figured out, but I know He does. So, whether it is learning to cook, cleaning the shower, looking for a cheap house, praying for His children, or writing this blog, I hope to honor Him.
Psalms 37
4Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act.
I can so see you adopting a child from Uganda, or anywhere else. I love your heart and your passion for kids :)
ReplyDelete