Thursday, September 6, 2012

So Happy to Seat You

I have started on the dining room! Since Dane and I moved into the house from an apartment, we didn't have a formal dining set. Formal dining sets can be rather expensive. Since Dane and I aren't super formal people, I didn't really see a need for a super formal dining set. I fell in love with the idea of a farmhouse table (that's an exciting story for another day) with mismatched chairs. Thus began my search for lonely chairs that had been abandoned by their former tablemates. Here is the starting lineup.


On the front row we have...
(left to right)
1. Garage sale $6
2. Goodwill $5
3. Shefields $30
4. Craigslist $10
~back row~
5. Shefields $25
6. The ReStore $15
7. Curbside find $0 --- This guy ended up not making the cut, but will find a spot elsewhere.
8. Garage sale $20.

#7 had to be replaced because it wasn't cooperating with my plan to upholster the seat. I found another chair at the Restore for $25, bringing my chair $ total to $136, which is still cheaper than just one of my dream chairs.

After some diy chalk paint, some two inch foam, and some happy ikat polka dot fabric, here are my new chairs! They may not have come together, but I like to think they belong together.


No comments:

Post a Comment